Inflammation of the stomach lining is calledgastritis. He does not forgive anyone: neither men, nor women, nor the elderly, nor children. In today's fast-paced age with running snacks, stressful situations, and an unstable environment, this disease is very common.
Whatever the type of illness, thediet for gastritisplays an important role in recovery.
Gastritis and its types
There are two forms of gastritis:acuteandchronic, which, in turn, are divided into different types. Acute gastritis develops in a few days or even hours. In this case, the patient feels pain in the upper abdomen, heartburn, nausea, and vomiting.
Chronic gastritis develops over the years with occasional mild pain and stomach abnormalities. This gastritis is detected only by laboratory tests. There are also exacerbations of the chronic course of the disease.
Depending on the area of mucosal lesions, the following types are distinguished:
- catarrhal- inflammation of the surface of the mucosa;
- erosive- inflammation of all layers of the mucous membrane;
- phlegmonous: not only all layers of the mucous membrane are affected, but also the stomach tissues.
Pathology is also subdivided according to the disease development mechanism:
- atrophic- consequence of a slow chronic gastritis;
- autoimmune: occurs due to a mismatch of the immune system with the gastric mucosa;
- hypertrophic: the gastric mucosa grows, the risk of oncology increases;
- allergic: occurs in people with food allergies.
These are the most common types of gastritis, there are actually many more.
Nutrition for stomach gastritis
Eating healthy gastritis helpsto recover quickly. By following the advice and recommendations on nutrition, you can avoid such unpleasant manifestations as heaviness in the stomach, heartburn, nausea, pain. In addition, the diet will help prevent the transition from an acute form of the disease to a chronic one.
It is important to remember that good nutrition will stay with you for life. At first it is difficult to give up the usual, but harmful dishes, but then the person gets used to it.
As the disease progresses, it is important to know not only what to eat, but also how to do it. You must comply with the following rules:
- Fractional food: eat a little 5 to 6 times a day. This will prevent overeating and the stomach will function normally.
- Take 3-4 hour breaks between meals.
- It is necessary to eat at the same time.
- Breakfast should be complete and not limited to a glass of juice or tea.
- You can eat up to 3 hours before going to bed.
- Food should be chewed well, which can ease the stomach.
- Have a hot soup for lunch or dinner.
- Stop eating on the go and dry off.
- You should drink water half an hour after a meal, so as not to dilute the gastric juice and damage the normal digestion process.
- Stop drinking or significantly limit yourself to the use of coffee, alcohol, carbonated, fatty and fried beverages.
- It is recommended to stop smoking.
- It is important to eat only fresh products, properly store prepared meals.
Gradually switch to a new diet. Having got used to such a diet over time, the craving for junk food will disappear, and the state of health will improve markedly.
Diet for stomach gastritis, what can you eat?
The diet for any gastritis is usuallymoderate. Individual nutrition is prescribed for each type of pathology. But with any of the gastritis, foods are released that are not only possible, but also necessary. The most useful dishes for gastritis are presented in the following list:
- Porridge. The healthiest dish for breakfast with stomach problems. Oatmeal and buckwheat porridges are considered the best - they need to be cooked for a long time with milk or a milk product diluted with water.
- Bread and cakes. You cannot eat rye bread and freshly baked bread; they have a negative effect on the gastric mucosa. It is better to use wheat biscuits softened in tea with milk or stale white bread, which can be consumed for lunch.
- Potatoes. It is most useful for gastritis in the form of mashed potatoes or in a simple boiled form. The puree lines the stomach walls and prevents gastric juices from eating them. You can not eat potato chips and potato chips, they adversely affect the mucous membrane.
- Soups. They cannot be cooked in a rich meat broth. If you do not want to eat vegetable soups, take only chicken or meat broth, strongly diluted at the same time. Do not season them with seasonings with a flavor enhancer, use only warm soup, not hot.
- Meat. You can eat it, but choose only low-fat varieties: beef, chicken, rabbit, veal. It is best to steam meat cutlets, because the meat is finely minced as presented. You can also eat only boiled or steamed meat, only in small quantities and chewing well, because it increases the load on the stomach. Smoked meat, hot dogs and sausages should not be consumed categorically.
- Fish. Low-fat varieties of marine fish are allowed: pollock, hake, cod, and river fish: walleye and pike. Canned fish and fried fish cannot be eaten at all, they have no benefit, and carcinogens and harmful spices will only harm a sick stomach. It is better to steam or cook fish without overusing the spices.
- Fruit. You can eat bananas and watermelons in small amounts. The rest of the species it is better not to eat them or consume them in small quantities.
- Vegetables. You can boil carrots, cauliflower, beets. If gastritis is chronic and in remission, you can eat fresh peeled and grated cucumbers.
For different types of gastritis and its course, certain foods are allowed or prohibited. What you can eat and what to refrain from should be agreed with a specialist.
Diet for acute gastritis
Gastritis worsenssuddenly, caused by short-term pathogenic effects on the gastric mucosa. It can also be triggered by food poisoning, chemical or drug poisoning, and even overeating.
The diet for gastritis in the acute stagealso has a therapeutic function: it relieves the patient of symptoms such as pain, nausea and diarrhea. All patients should know what to eat with acute gastritis.
The following rules are followed here:
- On the first day, the patient must refuse food completely.But you should drink plenty of fluids, preferably warm. It can be sweet and weak tea, still mineral water, rosehip decoction.
- The next day, you can have thin, slimy soups made of rice or oatmeal with a small piece of butter.In case of a normal stable condition, it is recommended to eat liquid porridge made with pureed buckwheat or barley.
Soups can be cooked in weak meat or fish broth. Gelatin made from non-acidic berries or fruits is allowed.
- If the appetite appears, then the aggravation of gastritis has passed, but the diet should be followed anyway.In addition, the kitchen uses products that do not irritate the stomach walls. It is recommended to boil or steam food.
From the third day of the diet, eggs and dairy products can be added to the diet. Boil soft-boiled eggs or in a bag.You can eat low-fat cottage cheese, but in a small amount. It is allowed to drink milk and add a little butter to dishes.
- From the second day of the diet, it is allowed to eat one piece of dry rye-free bread per day.It is allowed to add one more piece before the fifth day. You can not eat fresh pastries and bread, and cookies are also prohibited, they irritate the mucosa.
- Protein foods are allowed during an exacerbation if the intestines are functioning normally.In case of constipation, you should limit yourself to vegetables, preferably with a laxative effect. If digestion is not disturbed, you can include steamed meatballs, meatballs and cutlets in the diet.
Spices should be completely removed and salt should be limited. From the fifth day of the disease, you can go to the usual table, but do not eat fried, spicy and fatty.
The gastritis exacerbation diet does not allow the use of alcoholic beverages, strong tea and coffee, carbonated liquids, kvass and cocoa. You can drink compotes of non-acidic berries and dried fruits.
The diet is extended from day 5 if symptoms are normal and on day 10 it is completely canceled.
Diet for gastritis with high acidity
If gastritis progresses in a context of increased acidity, then it is important to eat so that the acidity normalizes and excludes the possibility of its increase.
Foods that increase acidity should be excluded here: spicy, pickles, spices, chocolate, fatty broths, alcohol, fatty and fried foods, nuts, fruits and herbs, legumes, dairy products, and carbonated drinks.
You can eat the following foods that can normalize heartburn:
- Lean meat: beef, rabbit, chicken without skin.
- Steamed or boiled fish and shellfish: shrimp, crabs, crawfish.
- Cereals, noodles, from cereals you can use oats, semolina, rice and buckwheat.
- soft-boiled eggsor steamed omelette
- Vegetables: carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, zucchini, peeled tomatoes, pumpkin, greens.
- Berry: raspberries, strawberries, strawberries. Baked fruits, jam.
It is recommended to steam or boil dishes, limit or completely exclude spices and seasonings that increase the acidity of the stomach: vinegar, soy sauce, mustard. You can prepare delicious and varied dishes from the list of products offered.
Chronic gastritis is considered the most common disease of the digestive system. All food should be such that it does not irritate the stomach lining.
At the time of exacerbation, the diet should bevery strict, and during remission, it is allowed to eat foods that stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and hydrochloric acid: meat, fish broth andherring. Not only is steam used or boiled, it is also allowed to bake, fry, but without breading. Many different foods are allowed.
In addition to those that can be used during an exacerbation, during a calm period the following can be eaten:
- Soufflés and steamed cutlets, meatballs and meat and fish meatballs.
- Vegetable stew and puree, fresh vegetables.
- Oatmeal porridge and cereal soups.
- Steamed omelette and hard boiled eggs.
- Desserts, mousses, jellies and jellies of berries and non-acidic fruits.
- Milk and fermented milk products.
- Slightly dry white bread.
- Decoctions of herbs and rose hips, juices diluted with water, weak tea and lots of pure water.
It must be remembered that the diet for chronic gastritis is not a temporary phenomenon, butadequate nutritionthroughout life. Only then will you be able to avoid moments of exacerbation of the disease and save yourself from negative consequences.
Nutrition for erosive gastritis
The diet for erosive gastritisis very strict. There are many forbidden foods here, almost nothing is allowed, as with an exacerbation of gastritis. But there are dishes, the use of which has a beneficial effect on the gastric mucosa. In this sense, the following products are distinguished:
- Sponge cakes and durum wheat bread.
- Milk soups made with cereal puree: rice, buckwheat, semolina, oats and pasta.
- An omelet made with egg whites and milk.
- Powdered bananas.
- Berry, fruit, oatmeal kissels.
- Vegetable puree soups with lean broth made with potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, beets.
- The tea is not strong, it is slightly sweetened.
It is useful to season food with butter or vegetable oil. Food should be pureed, tender, and not hot.
Nutrition for atrophic gastritis
In this type of disease, the diet is strictly prescribed individually, depending on the degree of stomach damage. As with other types, anything spicy, pickled, and fatty is prohibited. If the disease has progressed to a chronic stage, theatrophic gastritis dietlooks like this:
- Allowed to include lean meats, skinless fish and tendons in the diet.
- Rice, oatmeal and buckwheat porridge, cooked in water or diluted milk.
- Cooked, boiled, baked cabbage, potatoes, zucchini, carrots.
- Low fat cheese, cottage cheese and milk.
- Herbal teas, gelatin and sweet red fruit compotes.
With this type of gastritis, you cannot drink a lot of liquid, taking into account soups and tea, no more than 1. 5 liters are allowed. A strict diet reduces the load on the gastrointestinal tract, which improves the patient's condition.
The diet for any type of gastritis is an important component in the treatment of the disease. Proper nutrition accelerates recovery and changes in diet cause deterioration and exacerbation.