Nutrition for pancreatic disease in women and men requires selectivity and focus. Pathologies of the digestive system, namely diseases of the pancreas and liver, require a moderate diet. The fifth table is an ideal method of treatment and restoration of the function of the lost organ. Modern medicine is represented by a complex of therapeutic, diagnostic, preventive and other areas, knowledge and theory, the main objective of which is not only therapy, but also the prevention of many diseases known to mankind.
Diet for the pancreas and stomach: characteristics
People who have ever faced complex treatment of inflammation in the acute and / or chronic stages know that the doctor prescribes a particular diet. Pancreas diet No. 5, which is the mildest and most acceptable for pathologies of the digestive tract, is particularly often used. The main task of the diet is to preserve the liver as much as possible, with a complete and healthy diet and the normalization of the bile outlet system of the body. Medicine considers the fifth table to be the most chemically loyal nutritious food.
The Fifth Pancreatic Diet is not only an acceptable set of foods to use, but also recommended cooking methods that are best for people with the following conditions:
- Inflammatory processes of the liver parenchyma and the hepatic ducts.
- Liver cirrhosis developed in the absence of acute alteration of physiological processes.
- Biliary tract dysfunctions and various pathologies of the gallbladder.
- Acute chronic cholecystitis during therapy and rehabilitation.
- Obstruction of the intestines, which occurs against the background of the above pathologies.
It is very important to know what can or cannot be eaten, how to cook, so that the dishes are not only healthy, but also tasty, aesthetically pleasing and appetizing.
Diet for the pancreas: what can you eat?
First, you must clearly define the set of products that will fill the diet basket. It is important to carefully compose the menu for the week, taking into account all factors and observing the variety.
The general characteristics of the diet are the following:
- The balance level of protein and carbohydrates is within normal limits. Reduce the fat content on the menu.
- Heat treatment involves boiling and baking, sometimes stewing is allowed. The vegetables are rubbed and the meat is minced.
- The fifth dietary table is characterized by temperature norms, hot and cold dishes are not recommended.
- Products containing purines and oxalic acid should be avoided.
The Diet Doctor is removing from the menu the category of bloated foods that contain coarse fiber items rich in extracts that stimulate secretory functions. Recipes allow you to diversify the table on one condition: it is imperative to reduce the salt content, and you should not use hot and spicy seasonings at all.
What to eat for pancreatic disease: rules
All rules must be strictly followed and your dishes will be healthy and tasty:
- Light vegetable, low-fat meat and poultry soups, lightly dry rye bread, dairy products and baked tortillas with vegetables, salads, cereals and fruit desserts prepared according to technology offer a wide range of possibilitiesto create a varied menu.
- It is especially important to follow the rules for patients diagnosed with pancreatitis and other comorbidities of the digestive system.
- In addition to the peculiarities of the preparation and the necessary set of food, it is very important to observe a faithful lifestyle.
- It is necessary to distribute meals up to six times during the day, in order to minimize physical activity for adults and children, they need to offer quieter games and activities.
- For adults and children, it is necessary to maintain rest after eating, an afternoon nap is recommended to improve digestion.
Diet for the pancreas: menu of the week
Despite quite serious restrictions, the fifth type of diet food is healthy, effective, and tastes natural. For novice patients, various standard daily menus can be offered as a basis. A diet with a diseased pancreas requires exceptional discipline and adherence to a temporary food intake regimen, there is breakfast, lunch, lunch, snack and dinner.
Diet for pancreatic diseases:
- Steamed meatballs, semolina porridge and tea.
- An apple and a handful of nuts.
- Light vegetable soup, lean meat roll, drink or compote.
- Rosehip drink with homemade breadcrumbs.
- Beetroot cutlets and tea with cookies.
Second menu, fifth diet for pancreatic diseases:
- Low-fat cottage cheese, sour cream, a little honey, oatmeal cooked in water and tea.
- Baked apple with honey.
- Mixed vegetable soup with vegetable oil, boiled chicken with rice and milk sauce. Compote.
- A glass of rosehip decoction.
- A piece of fish boiled in a white sauce with vegetables. Garnish: mashed potatoes, herbal tea with cottage cheese baked goods.
- A glass of low-fat fermented overnight dairy product.
The second option is especially acceptable when diagnosing acute cholecystitis, the disease will require an attitude of principle, discipline and responsible compliance with all recommendations. The diet chart is an integral part of therapy during the rehabilitation and recovery period after gallbladder removal. With strict adherence, complete recovery will be quick, the treating physician and the patient himself verify a good general condition in general.
Pancreas: diet, recipes
The diet table is distinguished by a variety of techniques, and with a little imagination the patient can quickly appreciate the delicacies on the menu. It is not just the food list, but the use and combination of processing techniques that makes this diet very popular for a wide variety of purposes. Initially, the complex developed by the doctor was considered as an exclusively therapeutic diet. Today it is a wonderful tool for those who want to cope with the extra pounds.
- The vegetable soup is prepared for 1 liter of vegetable broth, with the addition of cereals: rice, buckwheat or oats. The dressing, which includes 1 onion, tomato, 2 carrots, flour, is dried in a dry skillet.
- Vegetarian pickle, borscht or light cabbage soup, prepared on the basis of 1-1. 5 liters of potato broth, cabbage, dressing baked in a skillet, minced small onion, 2-3 tomatoes, 1 carrot and flour, bring a significant variety to the approximate menu.
- 0. 5 - 0. 8 kg of lean chicken or turkey, beef, lean lamb, rabbit, sliced or whole, boiled in 1. 5 liters of water, lightly salted and then baked for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 0, 5 kg of pulp of low-fat varieties of sea fish, crushed or transformed into carcasses, slightly salted and also boiled for 20 minutes. or bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Patients who have been diagnosed with gastroduodenitis - inflammation of the mucous membranes of the pyloric stomach and duodenum should only eat dry rye bread, biscuits and lean dry sponge cake.
Raw, boiled or baked fruits and berries are recommended. Nuts, apples baked with honey, the use of compotes, jelly, jelly, mousse are shown, where sugar is partially replaced. He used xylitol or its sorbitol analog.
Pancreas diet: acute pancreatitis
Treatment for an acute attack of pancreatitis begins with a two-day vital fast. During this period, only slightly concentrated decoctions, lightly brewed teas without sugar and water, including mineral water, are allowed. Food is supplied primarily through droppers.
After three days from the moment of the attack, the gradual introduction of products begins. Carbohydrate-fortified foods are served in liquid form. Adding salt and spices is prohibited. Meals are compulsory divided into sections, that is, 5 to 7 meals during the day.
The drink list expands to fruit drinks, cranberry and lingonberry, decoctions of rose hips and blackcurrant berries, freshly squeezed fruit juices diluted with water are especially popular. Drink plenty of fluids, about three liters per day, excluding soups.
From the fifth day, nutrition for the pancreas becomes higher in calories, around 700 calories, of which 15 grams are proteins (vegetables and milk) and 180 grams are carbohydrates. Fats fall under the absolute taboo.
After a week after the attack, the diet for pancreatic disease increases to 1000 calories, with a mandatory norm of 50 grams of protein, 250 grams of carbohydrates and 10 grams of fat.
Diet for the pancreas: menu of the day
A rough pancreatitis menu for the day looks like this:
- First breakfastcan be represented as porridge in rice water or semolina. Fresh apple, pureed. Tea with a little sugar.
- For lunchit is recommended to serve pureed carrots or potatoes. You can add about 50 grams of meat or fish (low-fat varieties). Then you can drink a decoction of sweetened rosehip.
- Lunchmust necessarily include the so-called vegetarian broth, that is, made with vegetables without adding meat (125 ml). Some mashed potatoes with boiled meat or lean fish is served separately. It is also recommended to eat a pureed apple with this meal.
- For a snacknutritionists recommend 55 grams of cottage cheese with a minimum percentage of fat and tea.
- For dinnerbuckwheat, boiled to a slimy consistency and tea, in which you can add up to 1 tablespoon. l. Natural honey.
- Before going to beddrink 1 glass of 250 ml of yogurt.
After two weeks from the attack, increase the protein content to 60 grams, fat to 20 grams, and carbohydrates to 300 grams. Salt also remains forbidden and undesirable. The preferred consistency of food is puree. Servings are small and regular, at roughly equal intervals.
After twenty days, the protein, fat and carbohydrate ratio increases again, and is now 100, 40 and 450 grams, respectively. Food is scarce. The consumption of products that have the property of irritating the mucosa and a stimulating effect on the production of gastric juice is not allowed, since this can be the cause of the appearance of flatulence.
What to eat when your pancreas hurts: recommended foods
For clarity, we list the dishes that make up the diet of patients with inflammation of the pancreas. And although at first glance it may seem that the food is strict, bland and modest, in reality it can be not only tasty, but also varied.
The first courses can be:
- Soup with rice and vegetable puree;
- Slimy Rice Soup;
- Mashed Potato Soup;
- Pureed Oat Soup;
- Pureed rice cereal soup cooked in milk;
- Hercules soup with milk;
- Pearl barley soup.
For the second, recipes like:
- Boiled lean meat such as beef stroganoff;
- Meat soufflé;
- Meat puree;
- Steamed meatloaf;
- Steamed meatballs from lean meats;
- Boiled beef with a delicious white sauce;
- Steamed fish soufflé;
- Steamed fish cutlets or meatballs;
- Steamed cottage cheese souffle;
- Fresh cottage cheese;
- Steamed protein omelette;
- Zucchini or carrot soufflé;
- Buckwheat porridge with a slimy consistency;
- Oatmeal porridge made from crushed oatmeal in milk;
- Vermicelli boiled in milk;
- Oven casserole made with cottage cheese and noodles;
- Meat noodle pudding.
Drinks are represented by decoctions of berries and especially rose hips, jelly, apple mousse, freshly made juices diluted with water, weakly brewed tea.
Gastroenterologists recommend drinking fermented dairy products before going to bed, for example, low-fat yogurt or kefir, as well as products that have a laxative effect on the digestive system: carrot or pumpkin juice, processed or fresh prunes, etc. .
Bread, fatty and fried foods, smoked meats, meat or fish broths and marinated products are still prohibited. Those with a high percentage of fat are excluded, these include cream and sour cream, in particular. Radish, onion, radish, and garlic, which are famous for their pungent smell and bright taste, are undesirable. The main condition is the rejection of alcoholic beverages.
By following this diet for six months after suffering from acute inflammation of the pancreas, a significant restoration of organ function can be expected. Willpower and discipline directly affect the success of recovery. Any deviation from the doctor's prescriptions can result in new attacks and a sharp deterioration in health. A little bit of the forbidden is worth wearing and all previous efforts will be in vain.
Pancreatic diet 5: chronic pancreatitis
In older women, the question often arises whether hormonal drugs can be taken and whether they are compatible with the pancreas. According to doctors, disorders of the digestive system are not among the contraindications, which means that the agent will not have an irritating effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
The general principles of a diet for chronic pancreatitis is an increase in the amount of protein consumed in food while reducing the amount of fats, sugars and carbohydrates. Fatty and fried foods, foods enriched with coarse fiber, and essential oils are still prohibited. It is recommended to eat foods rich in vitamins.
The diet is still fractional, there are five to six meals a day, the portions are small.
Diet for pancreas pain: menu of the day
- For the first breakfast, they eat some low-fat boiled meat, milk porridge and little brewed tea, preferably without sugar.
- The second breakfast can be an omelette with steamed egg whites and a decoction of rose hips. It is allowed to sweeten it a little with honey or sugar, but do not get carried away.
- For lunch, it is advisable to eat soup cooked in vegetable broth with the addition of chopped vegetables (carrots, potatoes, zucchini, etc. ). Boiled meat can be used to make, for example, beef stroganoff, which is served with a little mashed potatoes. Homemade compote made from chopped nuts to complete the meal.
- Milk tea and calcium-fortified cottage cheese are an excellent snack for those with chronic inflammation of the pancreas.
- For dinner, nutritionists recommend mashed carrots with low-fat boiled fish and tea with milk.
- Before going to bed, a glass of fermented dairy products, for example kefir, is a must.
Diet for pancreatic disease: recommendations and products
Among the soups allowed for chronic pancreatitis are the so-called vegetarian ones, that is, cooked without the participation of meat or fish, exclusively on vegetables such as pumpkin, zucchini, potatoes, carrots. It is allowed to add cereals (oatmeal, buckwheat or semolina) and noodles.
Lean meats and poultry include rabbit, turkey, veal, and beef. It is imperative to first clean the skin of the game and the meat of the fat and tendons, which will make the meat fat. The meat is boiled or steamed. It is cut into chunks and rubbed into soufflé, mashed potatoes, cutlets or meatballs. Lean fish can be boiled into pieces.
Fermented dairy products are selected on the basis of low fat content. Non-acidic fresh cottage cheese, oven or slow cooker baked pudding, sour milk drink products such as yogurt or kefir are allowed. But cream and sour cream are quite greasy, so they can only be added to dishes, but they cannot be consumed ready-made. If your doctor approves of cheese in your diet, choose one with less fat and no spices.
When it comes to eggs, the yolks are still cautious. Its daily requirement does not exceed half a boiled yolk, and then only as a component of any dish. But the proteins from a couple of eggs will make an excellent omelette, which will be helpful for an inflamed pancreas.
Among cereals, preference is given to minced porridges of semi-viscous consistency: buckwheat, semolina, oats and rice, which are poured with milk and water in a 1: 1 ratio during cooking. You can also make delicious cereal puddings or stews. The addition of noodles and pasta is allowed.
Drinks for sustained remission include weakly brewed tea with a lemon wedge and a little sugar. You can add a little milk if you want. Juices are only allowed in the home as they will be free of the preservatives, flavors and additives inherent in the store. Freshly squeezed juices are diluted with water to reduce the acidity concentration. Adding sugar is not recommended. When cooking compotes, berries, fruits and nuts are rubbed.
Baked apples are the healthiest fresh fruit. Fruits and berries should be ripe and soft to the touch, and should not taste sour.
Despite the fact that, compared to the diet for acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammation is famous for a wide range of acceptable foods, broths rich in meat and fish are still prohibited. Mushrooms, spicy and smoked foods, pickles, pickles, fatty and fried snacks are not allowed in the diet. Sausages, sausages, legumes, preserves, all this is also taboo. Vegetables such as garlic, cabbage, radishes, turnips, cucumbers, and rutabagas are discarded, despite established remission. Soft drinks, buns, hard cheeses, unground fruits and vegetables, chocolate, alcohol, coffee, ice cream, cocoa, peppers and mustard add to the banned list.
In general, the fifth dietary table is considered the gentlest for patients with pathologies of the digestive system. The ease of cooking and the variety of allowed products make the diet extremely popular not only for gastroenterologist patients, but also for everyone who wants to lose weight.