Many people looking to have a slender figure. However, not everyone is aware that often the cause of excess weight is acted upon by the excessive consumption of simple carbohydrates. Therefore, it is gaining popularity of a diet low in carbohydrates to lose weight.
What is the method of thinning
It is known that carbohydrates provide the body with the energy. If produced energy is not consumed, it is deposited in the form of fat of the intermediate layer.
Weight reduction with low carb diet occurs due to the fact that the consumption of carbohydrates is reduced to a minimum, and the amount of protein in the diet increases. When you start the following processes. The body after you stop receiving the necessary energy, begins to search for sources. In the first 2-3 days of power for the provider acts as glycogen, which accumulates in the liver, muscle and fat for space. Then begin intensely split fats and, in consequence, are synthesized to obtain more sources of energy — ketones (these substances, in addition, are able to decrease the appetite).
Therefore, the diet is based on the biochemical processes, as a result of that actively burn fat, and occurs weight loss, the week you can lose 3 to 5 kg of excess weight.
It should be noted that this diet is not simply a weight loss method and a style of eating that you can use throughout your life. Strict restrictions only on the initial phase and then to maintain and improve the / for the base, you can take the rule of not consuming carbohydrates of more than 3-5 g on 1 kg of weight. With this rule the functioning of the body are not altered, and the weight is kept secured and is not growing.
Locally weight loss in some areas (abdomen, thighs, buttocks, etc), you may not be. The weight is uniformly reduced throughout the body.
It is necessary to point out that for full of the carbohydrates in the period of the diet are not mutually exclusive, that without them may not be exercised in a normal vital activity of the organism. The diet suggests not to eat simple and complex (slow) carbohydrates, which are assimilated little by little, and the body is totally consumed received from them the energy.
The opinion of doctors-nutritionists
Given that in the period of the low-carbohydrate diet (7 days or a month) daily intake of carbohydrates does not exceed 40-60 g, then the majority of nutritionists carefully refer to this type of diet. The deficit of carbohydrates of products and an excess of proteins can cause in the body in unwanted of the infringement and the side effects.
The specialists recommended to follow a proper diet and balanced, in which the receipt of carbohydrates from the products is also controlled. Such eating behavior in combination with moderate physical activity guaranteed the potential of weight reduction. Will be, not by how fast the speed, but without damage to health.
Given that the low-carbohydrate diet balance of protein-fat-carbohydrate is broken, there are some limitations that can not use this method of weight loss:
- the pregnancy and the breastfeeding period;
- 18 years of age;
- the disease of the kidneys and the liver;
- a high level of cholesterol in the blood;
- failures in the functioning of the cardiovascular system;
- the disease of the gastrointestinal tract (ulcer, gastritis);
- during the exacerbation of chronic diseases.
The basic rules of the low carbohydrate diet
During the restoration of the mass of the body can consume only products are allowed. During all the period of slimming strictly forbidden to consume:
- bread and other pastry products;
- the white rice;
- the vegetables, in which many starch;
- fruits with high sugar content (bananas, grapes, dates, etc);
- carbonated beverages;
- the alcoholic drinks.
- Products allowed, you must boil, steam or bake.
- The consumption of carbohydrates should not exceed 100 grams per day.
- At the time of lose weight, you need to comply with the regime of drink: by day should drink 2 liters of pure water .
- The diet involves eating 5 times a day, being this last one the consumption should not be more than 2-3 hours before bedtime.
- In the night you must sleep at least 7 hours.
- In the period of thinning you should consume vitamin supplements.
- During the diet recommends moderate exercise. This will improve the end result and help you retain the muscle mass.
- The duration of the low-carb diet with strict restriction of carbohydrates should not exceed 30 days.
- The daily amount of calories for women must be of not less than 1200 kcal, and for men not less than 1500 kcal.
Table: ratio proteins/fats/carbohydrates from the diet low in carbohydrates for both men and women
|The daily amount of|
|Calories||1200 kcal||1500 kcal|
|Proteins||120 g||150 g|
|Fats||46,7 g||58,3 g|
|Carbohydrates||75 g||93,8 g|
A diet low in carbohydrates is characterized by the diversity of products, therefore, in the period of the diet do not have to die of hunger. The following table shows the main products that are used to lose weight.
Table: shipment of products
|Rates per 100 g of product|
|Calories, kilocalories||G-proteins||Fat, g||Carbohydrates, g|
|The chicken breast||116||19,6||4,1||0,3|
|Lean fish (hake)||86||16,6||2,2||0|
|Cottage cheese 5%||145||21||5||3|
|The kefir of low fat content||40||3||1||4|
|Lean cheese (cheddar, colby)||173||24,35||7||1,91|
|A hen's egg||157||12,7||11,5||0,7|
|The oat bran||40||3,21||0,86||11,44|
|The green tea||1||0||0||0,3|
From the data of the table it is seen that the main provider of proteins act meat products, fish and eggs. Cereals, fruits and vegetables provide to the body working slow in carbohydrates.
Example of menu for the week
Presented by the menu can be used for the diet of 7 days. In this menu can be taken on the basis of the loss of weight. Variations are permitted for the plates of food allowed.
Table: sample menu of low carbohydrate diet in 7 days
|Day||Breakfast||2 breakfast||lunch||The afternoon tea||The dinner|
|1 day||Cheese casserole — 150 g of tomato or cucumber — 1 pieces, sugar-free tea — 200 ml||Kefir — 100 ml||Stew fish — 150 g sauerkraut — 150 g piece — 1 unit||Grapefruit — 1 unit||Porridge of brown rice with vegetables — 200 g|
|Day 2||Omelet of two eggs, boiled chicken — 150 g||Lean cottage cheese — 100 g||The mushroom soup with the addition of fat free sour cream — 200 g piece, without sugar tea — 200 ml||The kefir with grated cucumber and green — 200 ml||Boiled beef — 150 g salad of cucumber and tomato — 150 g|
|Day 3||Vegetable stew with the grated cheese — 150 g||Milk — 100 ml||Vegetable soup in chicken broth — 200 g||Apple — 1 unit||Boiled chicken breast — 200 g of stew of cabbage — 100 g|
|Day 4||Oatmeal with apple — 150 g||Grapefruit — 1 unit||Stew of beef or chicken with vegetables — 200 g||Fat cottage cheese — 150 g||Buckwheat porridge — 150 g salad of beet — 100 g|
|Day 5||Cheese — 50 g boiled eggs — 2 pieces, sugar-free tea — 200 ml||Apple — 1 unit||Vegetable soup in chicken broth — 150 g of vegetable salad — 100 g beef fillet 50 g||Kefir — 100 ml||Cooked rice — 150 g of mussels-100 g|
|6 day of the||Cheese — 50 g boiled egg — 1 pieces, sugar-free tea — 200 ml||Natural yoghurt — 100 ml||The cooked meat — 150 g of salad vegetables — 150 g||Kiwi — 1 unit||Stew vegetables — 200 g|
|7 day||The milk buckwheat porridge — 150 g||Lean cottage cheese — 100 g||Baked fish with vegetables — 200 g||Kefir — 100 ml||Baked chicken breast — 150,|
When more long-term low-carbohydrate diet (for example, 30 days) every 5-6 days the amount of complex carbohydrates you can go up to the normal level. This will prevent the slowing of metabolism, which is characteristic of all types of diets.
Which can be prepared in a period of weight loss: delicious recipes
Fillet of chicken in slow cooker
- fillets of 250 g;
- water — 150 g;
- salt, pepper — to taste;
- the bay leaf — 1 unit
The chicken should be washed, the salt, the pepper and place in the bottom of the bowl slow cooker. Pour the water and add the bay leaf. Set the mode "Extinction", in 1.5 hours.
In 100 g of cooking contains:
- calories — 103 calories;
- — protein 12.5 g;
- fat — 5 g;
- carbohydrates — 0,
Meat with cheese in the oven
- beef — 400 g;
- brinza — 100 g;
- milk — 100 ml;
- olive oil — 1 tablespoon cv;
- salt, pepper, spices — pepper.
The flesh of veal should be washed in cold water, cut into pieces and the heart. The grill must be lubricated with oil, put the meat and pour in the milk. Prepared the dish of the need to put in heated up to 180 °C in the oven and leave for 1 hour. After this, the meat should be salt, pepper, add spices. Cheese cut into thin slices and break down the top, put it back in the oven and bake for another 30 minutes
In 100 g of finish of the kitchen contains:
- calories — 129;
- — protein 15.5 g;
- fat — 6.4 g;
- carbohydrates — 0,7,
Soup with oat bran
- turkey — 150 g;
- water 1 l;
- onion — 1 unit;
- egg — 1 unit;
- the oat bran and 1.5 tablespoons;
- fennel, chopped — 1 tablespoons;
- onions — 2 of the arrow;
- salt, pepper — to taste.
Turkey cut into chunks and boil for 20 minutes Add the broth, fennel, green onion and raw egg and cook for 5 minutes and Then pour in the bran.
In 100 g of the diet of the soup contains:
- calories — 38 kcal;
- — protein 4.3 g;
- fat — 2 g;
- carbohydrates — 0,1,
The salad with the cabbage and fruit
- the medium cabbage – ½ unit;
- apple — 1 unit;
- the orange or grapefruit — 1 unit;
- onions — 2 of the arrow;
- lemon juice — 1 tablespoon cv;
- salt — to taste.
The orange or grapefruit clear (the grapefruit, cut the flesh of the docks, as they are extremely a bitter taste). All the fruits into cubes and connect with chopped cabbage. To dressings for salads, add chopped, chives, salt and lemon juice. All good.
In 100 g of lettuce contains:
- calories — 33 calories;
- — protein 2.7 g;
- fat 0 g;
- carbohydrates — 6,6,
The output of the diet
For the kg did not go back after weeks or months of the marathon of low-carbohydrate diet, you must follow certain rules:
- the amount of calories consumed is necessary to increase gradually until the standard daily, adding every week 50 kcal;
- it is not worth to exceed the recommended standard is to consume carbohydrates per day (3-5 g on 1 kg of weight).
- it is recommended once a week to make the day with a small amount of carbohydrates and use the menu on the proposal of the diet;
- don't forget to drink — 2 liters per day of drinking water;
- the products of the best to cook, and cook in the oven and steam;
- not worth is no more than 2-3 hours before bedtime;
- it is recommended to participate in physical activities.
>The pitfalls of the low carb diet
The lack of carbohydrates and higher intake of protein may cause some unwanted effects.
- Failures in the functioning of the liver and kidneys. These bodies removed the toxins from the body, including those that are formed during the decomposition of proteins. Therefore, the more you consume protein products, more is synthesized toxic substances, and the load on the liver and the kidney increases several times, which can lead to inflammatory processes.
- The risk of developing atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease and other diseases of the cardiovascular system. Promotes the increase of the level of "bad" cholesterol in the blood by metabolism of dietary proteins.
- The occurrence of constipation and, as a result, of the hemorrhoids.
- Headaches, low mental activity, irritability, and nervousness. These symptoms develop in the background of carbohydrates of hunger.
- The deterioration of the condition of the skin. The dryness of the epidermis occurs due to the insufficient amount of fat.